Craniosacral therapy focuses on membraneous release beneath the skull, regulate the flow of cerebrospinal fluid between cranium and sacrum and also regulate the craniosacral rhythm of the body.
Craniosacral therapy used to treat?
The Craniosacral therapy is a non-invasive and painless therapy suitable for people of all age groups and it can help relieve-
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Brain and spinal cord trauma
- Central nervous system disorders
- Chronic neck & back pain
- Fascial pain
- Learning disabilities
- Headaches & Migraines
- Motor-coordination impairments
- Headaches & Migraines
- TMJ disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
How does Craniosacral treatment works?
- Allows restore regular cranial mobility
- Releases unusual restrictions in your head
- Releases unusual myofascial restrictions as well as tensions in your body
- Aids cerebrospinal fluid movement via the central nervous system
- Relaxes nerve restrictions
- Restores the alignment of cranial and fascial bones to their normal positions
How many Craniosacral therapy sessions are needed?
It entirely depends on what health ailment you are planning to treat using CST. Based on your health issues, you may benefit from 3-10 sessions. When you consult your Craniosacral therapist, he/she would recommend the number of sessions you need.
What happens during the Craniosacral procedure?
The Craniosacral therapy session starts after consulting a trained therapist. Some soft music with low lighting may or may not put on to help you relax and be stress-free during the session.
The Craniosacral therapist will utilize gentle touch techniques to determine if there is any obstruction in the circulation of cerebrospinal fluid or if there are any obstructions in the fascial system.
You can wear comfortable clothing during the session and the sessions would last for an hour.
Different sensations that people experience during different sessions
- Sensing pulsations
- Deep relaxation
- Hot/cold sensation
- Falling asleep
- Sensation of having pins & needles
Craniosacral therapy is considered as an alternative and non-invasive technique that helps you get control over your physical, mental and emotional health by focusing on regulating the craniosacral system. This technique minimises the exaggerated sympathetic system and improvise the parasympathetic system thereby reducing stress, anxiety and induce deep relaxation for normal behaviour. This therapy can be performed independently or in combination with alternative therapies/medical therapies.